- 1 chicken fillet
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 chilli (red/green)
- 1 corn on the cob ( tin of sweet corn)
- 1 tin coconut milk
- 75g egg noodles
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 4 scallions
- 1 pepper (red/green/yellow)
- 1 tsp fish sauce
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Optional kaffir lime leaves (dried)
- Optional Small bunch of coriander
- Hold the corn cob upright on a chopping board, and slice down shaving the kernels off. Prepare all your ingredients, finely dice the garlic, deseed and finely slice the pepper and chillies, cut the scallions diagonally.
- Boil up the kettle for the stock. Cut the chicken into skinny, long strips.
- In a large saucepan, heat up the oil and fry the sweet corn, peppers, scallions and chillies for 4/5 mins.
- Pour in the coconut milk and bring to the boil, put the chicken stock cube into the empty can and pour in the boiling water, add the stock into the saucepan and then refill the tin with boiling water and add that in.
- Add in the chicken, the noodles, the fish sauce and the lime leaves and simmer for 15 mins.
- Remove the lime leaves and discard, stir in the chopped coriander.
- Serve and enjoy!
This is Chic Cuisine. Every fortnight I post some of my delicious, tasty and economical recipes here on our very own OurKilcock.ie. Please feel free to post any questions or queries in relation to the recipes and I’ll be happy to answer them. Please use your own judgement on cooking times and measurements within reason as all of us do things a little different.