Our Kilcock has been going strong since mid June of 2009 – but we feel we could get stronger! One of the main ideas behind the set up of www.ourkilcock.ie was that it would be open for a range of topics and contributors. Early on, Aisling Lawlor began sharing her delicious recipes for the readers of OurKilcock. We’ve also had many photographers pro’s and amateurs alike adding their Kilcock pics to the gallery section. Now we want to open up the scope more and get more of our Kilcock residents and business people to share their ideas, stories, articles and knowledge on a one-off or with a regular feature on the website blog. As always we are always very keen to know of any events that are happening around the town. As the website is run on a volunteer basis we can’t offer any financial reward – only the warm fuzzy feeling that you’ve contributed something to your local community
Some specific things we’re looking for are:
- weekly sports round up of local sporting fixtures etc.
- weekly review of newspapers featuring Kilcock
- perspectives from a Kilcock yummy mummy
- perspectives from a local school goer
- a feature every month or so on ‘Things to Do around Kilcock’
- reviews and photos of any local events
- short stories
- feature articles on your specialty that would be helpful, amusing, interesting for the local Kilcock community to read.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or phone me on 01 610 3859 if you would like to get involved. Thanks for reading.