Kilcock GAA Sports Roundup – March 7 2010

U 10 Football league Div 1.

Result: Carbury 2-9, Kilcock 2-5

Anticipation was high for this first match of the 2010 league with Kilcock drawn away to Carbury the only team they lost to last season. This was always going to be a tough encounter with both team eager to get off to a winning start. Conditions were excellent for the match and a great game of football promised. Carbury got off to a great start with a goal in the first few minutes. The Kilcock lads took longer to settle and missed a couple of point scoring chances. Carbury on the other hand made the most of opportunities and were 2 – 3 to 2pts up at half time.

The second half saw Kilcock come more into the game and Killian Browne just on since half time pulled a goal back for Kilcock. Despite the controversial decisions by match referee Kilcock continued to put pressure on Carbury and picked off some nice points.A goal from Eoin Mulhall brought the scores closer and Kilcock’s momentum continued to rise. A fine save from the Carbury goalie kept Eoin Mulhall from getting a certain 2nd goal. Despite on going pressure from the Kilcock lads Carbury held out at the end with a four point winning margin.
This was a great second half display from Kilcock with huge team effort by each and every player, and a good indication of the season to come.

Scorers: Kilcock:Killian Browne 1goal, Eoin Mulhall 1 goal, Patrick, O’Sullivan 2pts, Jamie Percival 1pt, Callum Warfield 2pts.
Kilcock team: Jamie Percival, Cillian Fitzgerald, Padraig Norris, Andrew Maguire, James Kenehan, Findlay Nairn, Conor Lawless, Colm Close, Eoin Mulhall, Patrick O’Sullivan, Eoghan Laheen, Matthew Murrow, Killian Browne, and Callum Warfield.
Paul Norris, Kilcock.

Celbridge v Kilcock U12′s

A wonderful exhibition of football from two well matched sides. The final result was in doubt up to the last five minutes of the game. Kilcock emerged victorious on a score line of 3 – 6 to 1 – 7.  In many respects it was a game of two halves with Kilcock dominant in the first and Celbridge dominant for much of the second. The game started at great pace with both sides missing scorable chances. Rory Nairn opened the scoring for Kilcock with a beautifully taken point. Celbridge replied quickly with a well taken point. Two points for Kilcock by Jason Gibbons and Cian Duke edged Kilcock into a lead they held until midway into the second half. Points were shared and then a great move by Eoin Reidy lead to a Rory O’Brien goal. At half time the scores were 1 – 5, 0 – 3.

Best for Kilcock in that first half were those previously mentioned and Conor Bright, Daniel Deane, Luke Sheridan and Cormac Divilly. Celbridge started the second half in a very determined fashion. Three well taken points brought the scoreline to 1 – 5 and 0 – 6.

Kilcock made a few attacks but like Celbridge in the first half kicked poor wides. A great move lead to a Celbridge goal and the lead for the first time 1 – 5 to 1 – 6. Kilcock slowly started to come to life with Jason Gibbons and Danny Coss-Heneghan getting control in mid field. A quick move up field lead to a well taken goal by Daniel Deane. Kilcock were now two points ahead. Celbridge hit back with a point of their own to leave the game on a knife edge. Kilcock’s defence of Sean Eves, Patrick Kelly, Conor Bright, Kealan Scanlon and Gavin Judge worked very hard to keep Celbridge at bay. Two great saves by Cormac Daly denied Celbridge from taking back the lead. Kilcock got the upper hand ten minutes from the end with a goal from Rory Nairn and a point from Sean Berns.

Well done to both teams on a great exhibition of football. We saw two very strong teams who will surely be in the shake-up at the end of the league.

Feile Football Division E – March 7th 2010

Result: Kilcock 4-4 | Raheens 3-7

Kilcock hosted Raheens for round 2 of the Feile div E on Sunday last, both teams looking for their first win in the competition. Kilcock established an early lead of 2-1 to 0-1 with goals from Patrick Baker and Ronan Dunne. A nice sunny morning and a large pitch lend itself to an open game of football as both teams had periods of dominance during the open half which ended with Kilcock leading by 2-2 to 0-5.

The second half followed with end to end football and Kilcock established a six point lead heading into the final quarter of the game with victory insight following a well worked goal from Danny Coss Heneghan and points from Cian Duke and Nathan Murphy. However Kilcock lost the influential Ronan Dunne to injury and gaps began to appear in the Kilcock defence which until the closing minutes had played well as a unit. In the final quarter Raheens took over in the middle of the field where William McDonald and Patrick Morrin began to win a lot of ball and they finished with two late goals to draw the game.

The Kilcock goalkeeper Cormac Daly brought off some fine saves throughout the game while in defence James Murphy, Conor Byrne and Michael Malone played some fine football.

Kilcock team: Cormac Daly, Aaron McHale, James Murphy, Michael Malone, Conor Byrne, Eugene O Sullivan, Con McDunphy, Ronan Dunne, Mathew Tapley, Danny Coss Heneghan, Patrick Baker, Nathan Murphy, Ben Kelly. Subs used Cillian Thornton, Cian Duke, and Rory O Brien.


Comments are closed.

Powered by WordPress. Designed by Woo Themes