Again, another quick and easy mid week supper idea which is pretty recession proof to be fair. Baby spinach is in season right now and is so sweet and versatile, all the while packing any meal with nutrition. The sun blushed tomatoes also add a delicious sweetness, however cherry would be fine. Any herbs such as parsley, basil or chives would be great also. This a filling meal and to stay on the healthy side I would serve this with a baby leaf salad and a simple vinagrette of oil, vinegar, garlic, herbs and Dijon mustard. I admit the cream is a health luxury but it does add a delicious rich texture to the dish. Enjoy this Mediterranean inspired dish for dinner and savour the left-over’s for lunch the next day.
- 3 small potatoes
- 50g chorizo sausage
- 150g spinach
- 10 sun blushed tomatoes
- 75 g goat’s cheese
- 50ml cream
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- ½ tsp grated nutmeg
- Handful of fresh herbs
- Peel and really thinly slice the potatoes. Rinse through under cold water and pat dry with a kitchen towel.
- Slice the chorizo into cubes or slices
- Whisk the eggs and cream together. Season and stir in nutmeg.
- Heat the oil and butter in a large frying pan over a low to medium heat
- Fry the potatoes in a single layer on the pan for 10 – 15mins until softened.
- In another pan, fry the chorizo and spinach.
- When the potatoes have softened spoon the chorizo and spinach mixture over the potatoes. Top with the sun – blushed tomatoes. Then pour over the eggs mixture
- Place the slice of goat’s cheese on top.
- Cook on a low heat for 5 mins, then transfer to under the grill for ¾ mins until a golden brown colour.
- Serve with a small side salad with red onion and a balsamic dressing.
This is Chic Cuisine. Every fortnight I post some of my delicious, tasty and economical recipes here on our very own OurKilcock.ie. Please feel free to post any questions or queries in relation to the recipes and I’ll be happy to answer them. Please use your own judgement on cooking times and measurements within reason as all of us do things a little different.