As Valentine’s Day is here again, and most of us are probably a little less prepared than our loved ones would wish, here is the fool proof solution to all our problems. This is so simple its well, ingenius almost .
The way to a mans heart is through his stomach and what about the lovely ladies of this world – one word – chocolate !!! This is quick, easy and can be knocked up with little or no skill in less than half an hour.
So here is my fabulous, decedant, luxurious, sexy chocolate ganache torte.
A ganache, to explain is simply a combination of cream and chocolate and a pinch of salt is used to bring out the sweetness from the dark chocolate. This chocolate ganache torte is so simple, and so decadent. I hope you and your Valentine enjoy x
P.S. Gentlemen – think of all the extra brownie points yo will earn from this fab hand made gift.
P.P.S Gentlemen – please remember to clean the kitchen !!!!
2 packets oreo cookies
150g bar 70/80 % cocoa (Lindt / Black & Greens )
150g bar milk chocolate
200ml fresh cream
good pinch sea salt
- Lightly grease a quiche dish/ cake tin ( 10″ )
- Blitz the biscuits into a crumb. Melt the butter and pour over the biscuits. Pour the biscuit mixture into a tin and flatten down
- In a small saucepan warm the cream with the salt. When gently bubbling remove from the heat and allow to cool a little.
- Using a bain maire (pyrex bowl sitting on a saucepan with a little hot water ) melt the chocolate.
- Stir the warmed cream into the melted chocolate.
- Pour the mixture over the oreo base and allow to chill for about 2 hours or overnight.
- To serve, remove from the fridge about an hour before serving and allow the torte to come to room temperature.
- Serve with softly whipped cream and raspberries.